39) Help! A single word that carries a strong message. Trying to navigate this life on our own is impossible. We need help & guidance. God has it ready for you, if you’ll just ask Him. Why not ask? What have you got to lose? Ps. 121:1–2
38) Sometimes we hold on to things that are worthless and even time-bound. We need wisdom and guidance to discern between worth and garbage. Ps 119:37 Don’t gain the world but lose your soul. Mark 8:36
37) Death is hard. When a loved one dies, we yearn for their presence once again. Ps 116:15 tells us that God is on the other end of this yearning. He loves it when His children leave this world & join Him. You are precious to Him
36) Much of what we see these days is anger, judgment & hostility. Ps 103 tells us that God crowns us with love and compassion. If God, Who knows everything about us, is compassionate toward us, we should give this gift to others, freely.
35) There’s just something that is intriguing about evil. Satan, the underworld, mass murders, etc. Ps 97:10 admonishes to love God and hate evil. Sometimes we need to place the evil beside the ultimate Good and realize how bad evil is.
213) Corrie Ten Boom writes that she was worried about having the ticket she needed for the train. Her father said he would give it to her when she needs it. God is the same; He gives what we need when we need it. Not before. Philippians 4:13
34) Rest is desirable, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. Psalm 91:1 tells us that rest is already available to those who commune with God. The company you keep can provide the rest you so desperately crave. Choose your company wisely.
33) Our days are numbered. (Psalm 90:12) Scary? If we are God’s children, being aware of this temporal life is important; it helps us set our priorities. Besides, “to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.”
32) It is not helpful when someone tells us to forgive & forget. We cannot do this on demand. God chooses to forgive & forget because He can. When we ask for forgiveness, He graciously gives it remembering it no more. Ps 103:12
31) Do you find yourself in need of true rest and quiet? It comes from God alone because we can trust that He will take even the bad and make it good. He is in control. He will not give you more than you can handle. 1 Cor. 10:13
Just as our bodies need proper nourishment and exercise to be healthy, so does our soul. Exercise opportunities to keep your soul fit. www.susan-grant.com